My budding love of teaching, stemming from my larger love of math and learning

Monday, October 3, 2011

Read Direction Much?

I ask you, what is UNCLEAR about the following statement:

"Put the letter of the answer on the line. Failure to do so will result in a score of zero for that problem"

Apparently everything!!! Multiple students received a score of zero on the first page of their Ch 1 test today.

I hate to read directions (that's why I don't bake), but it is a necessary evil of this world. I beg of you to please don't let students get away with NOT reading directions.

2 comments:

  1. Good thing you aren't letting them get away with it - get to college and no one will take pity on you if you read the directions wrong!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holly, I tell them this ALL THE TIME!!!! They don't believe me.

    ReplyDelete